My Blog List

Pages

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bachelor Bliss and Whiskey at the Y

Well, HAPPY NEW YEAR, folks!  My 2011 is starting out a helluva lot better than 2010, let me tell you!  This time last year at my house,  I had no heat, no water, and I'm pretty sure I'd been dumped TWICE already in the new year.   I'm not kidding.  Yes-- this does mean I was seeing  two men at the same time.  Ha!  But my momma always said "not to put all your eggs in one basket", and, truthfully, THAT'S not even the reason either one of them let me go!

Anyway-- moving on.  So, it being an American tradition and everything, you all probably already know that a new season of The Bachelor kicked off on Monday night, right?  OHMYWORD-- the best show on television.  It is awesome and hilarious and painful and awkward all at the same time.  Like a train wreck from which I cannot overt my eyes!!  I can, however, cover them in moments of extreme embarrassment.  Here is a picture that Lanie took of me the other night "watching" the show.

So so so so AWKWARD sometimes, but boy, it is amazing stuff!  --Here's to Brad Womack finding love the 2nd time around.  :)

In other news, I rejoined the YMCA on Monday after a hiatus of several months.  It's just too damn cold to do anything outside anymore and with all the holiday parties and festivities over and done with, I figured it was time. I switched my membership from Green Hills to Maryland Farms because it is so much closer to my house out here in Crieve Hall.  So, I'm having to navigate my way around a new gym... which is never fun because everyone wants to look like they are an old pro in the gym, you know?  So I go in, fill out all the right forms, pay my money, and decide to stay for a workout.  They gave me a key to a locker in which to put my purse.  After an hour of cardio, abs and weight training, I had worked up a pretty good sweat and was really thirsty.  I hadn't initially planned to stay and work out so I didn't have my water bottle with me.  But then-- as I was getting my purse from the locker room-- I remembered that I had a canteen in my purse left over from New Year's Eve.  I went to a party that was BYOB, and had poured some whiskey into a canteen (a poor man's flask, if you will...) and took it with me that night.  Hey--it's all I had, okay?  So, I remember that I have it in my purse and there was probably three drinks worth of whiskey left in there, but I didn't mind to pour it down the drain in order to hydrate my sweaty, tired, worn out body.  So I opened it up and dumped it down the drain of one of the sinks in the locker room.  BIG MISTAKE, people.  HUGE. 

You might as well have been trying to change clothes in the Jack Daniels DISTILLERY after that.  I was thanking my lucky stars that I was in there all by myself right about the time this older woman (probably in her 70's) walked in and I watched her as the smell about knocked her down!  Ahahahaha--- you should have seen her face!  It looked liked someone had burned her nose hairs and she was looking all around like "where in the WORLD is this smell coming from?"  So, yall want to know what I did?

The only thing I COULD do, of course.  I chucked the canteen back in my purse, waived my hand in front of my face in a "phew wee" fashion and said, "Whoa!  Do you SMELL that???  Seriously!?  People are unbelievable."  and then hightailed it outta there!

I'm planning to go back today and am just a little bit nervous that the whole place is going to be shut down due to quarantine.  Ha! 

Here's to the new year! 

Until next time,
Yours ever,
Myra

2 comments:

  1. Sweet embedded link. You're getting good at this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myra, PLEASE post more often. I get so excited when I see that you've posted!!! All of the rest of my blog friends are identical to me...mom's with little kids. It's all the same. Your's is FUN!!!! I recommend it to people all the time for a good laugh. So, if you end up with random stalkers, blame me.

    ReplyDelete